Monday, January 31, 2011

31/365 January 31, 2011

A New Pair of Mittens

...just in the nick of time. That's right! I have a decent stash of yarn and I really wanted a new pair of mittens for myself. So I dug through my stash. I found a ball of Patons Chunky Tweed. The ball band is gone so I can't tell you the exact color name. I cast on the required 34 stitches right away. In no time at all, I had a new pair of ice blue mittens...right before the cold snap arrived.

I have made so many pairs of these mittens that I now have the pattern for both hands committed to memory! Usually, I knit the right mitten first. Then I start on the left mitten. Once I have the left mitten started, I keep the right mitten near me. When someone sees my work in progress, they get excited and ask, "Are you knitting mittens?" I giggle a bit and answer, "Yes!" The next question is usually, "Can I try it on?"

There really is something quite magical about a hand-knit mitten. And they feel so good on your hands....even if they are made of plain ol' acrylic.

1 comment:

  1. AAh 2 mittens makin a M for Mitchell I love it.
    You are so gifted and creative. Love it Love yo!!

    ReplyDelete