Monday, January 31, 2011

28/365 January 28, 2011


Rose Rocks!

I met Rose a little over a year ago because of our common passion for knitting. We became good friends quickly! I love her sense of humor, her creativity and her warm personality. Every once in a while, you can hear an accent. She used to live in Bahwstun.

We did a little shopping today. Of course Michael's was the place! She and I love to craft with any medium...so this visit to Michael's makes perfect sense, right? Well that and my older daughter is getting married really soon and needed help picking out a few things. As we were perusing the scrapbooking supplies, Rose pulled this tool from the peg and said, "Hey! This is ME!"
The conversation that followed went something like this:

I asked, "What is it?"

She told me. "It's an I-Rock!"

I told her. "An Iroc?!? That's a car, Rose!"

She laughed and said, "No, I'm pretty sure it's me...cuz....I ROCK!"

Wow! Did I feel slow then!!

Yes, Rose! You DO rock! I love you!

I hope your birthday was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment