Saturday, January 15, 2011

14/365 January 14, 2011

Eat Mor Chikin!

I just love when I see this kind of thing. You know who they are? Right? They are the dancing sign holders, the dancing cows, the dancing Statues of Liberty! They are the smile evokers, really! I usually smile and wave back because the just make me smile.

I have to tell you, though, there was a time once when I had taken my kids to an orthodontist appointment in Aurora. We were on our way home and had to drive past a bank that was located at a corner of a busy intersection. There was a young man dressed in a Statue of Liberty costume. I could see the white cords from the earbuds in his ears. I assumed they were pumping some wonderful array of uppity beats. He was dancing, and waving and smiling at EVERYONE. We stopped to wait for the light to change. I saw a woman sitting in the passenger seat of a red S.U.V. I figured it was her husband who was driving. HE was smiling and waving back to the costumed dancer, but the woman just stared forward with no expression on her face...well, I take that back. she had a grumpy expression on her face. Maybe she really needed to se that man dressed up and dancing his heart out. I bet his good mood would have rubbed off on her!

I bet he burns a lot of calories dancing for hours each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment