Friday, July 9, 2010

May 23, 2010 117/365

A happy birthday party! I brought her home to this little house twenty years ago!

Now...what you can't see is the part of her birthday cake that isn't so pretty! I don't know what it is about this girl's birthday cakes, but for the past three years, the cakes I have made for her have not been so successful. One year, she'd asked for a carrot cake. I had used the same recipe I used when I won a baking contest. It fell....badly. The next year, she asked for a cheesecake. It was a mess. I think it burned. This year, she wanted a marble pudding cake. I had just made a HUGE marble cake in March for Quincy's birthday party. It was great. Amanda wanted pudding in between the layers of her cake. It slid off the stand and crashed in big crumbs all over the kitchen floor. We ended up using the two lower layers that didn't hit the floor. It's a good thing she is such a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment